Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Neat thrifty find

I have been meaning to post this for quite some time, but keep forgetting. That is until last night when Miss D., Mr. B. and I were playing with it. It's a Barbie Friend ship plane from 1973, that I scored at a church Bazaar for 5o cents. I love a good bargain. Danielle loves it. I must admit it smells like it's from 1973. I have cleaned it but still can't get rid of that nice musty smell. All well, it stays in the storage room when not in use. I used to play with Barbies when I was little. My Dad made me a wooden Barbie house with nice shag green carpet and removable doors. I wish I still had it. Danielle really enjoys playing Barbies so I am sure she will get lots of use out of the Friendship plane. Have a great day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very groovy! i remember this!

Joanna said...

Thanks for posting this! My sister and I had that exact same plane. That picture brings back so many happy barbie memories for me.