Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Should I laugh or cry?
I had one of those Mothering Moments yesterday where I wasn't sure how to react. I had been upstairs for 15 minutes folding laundry. Actually I just needed a break from the kids as they had been home sick from school. I had left them in the kitchen doing a science experiment with water, Cinnamon and dish soap. Very easy and simple. Mess free too, even better. Well I came downstairs and what did I walk in upon? DISASTER. My kids had decided that they wanted to make purple and Tye died paper (without consulting me). They used up all my food colouring and milk to make a dye solution to dip about 50 paper towels and napkins into. Then they put all the napkins on the table cloth to dry. So here's the moment. I was so tired and at first all I could see was the mess I had to clean up. Food colouring every where, floor, walls, cabinets, tights, clothes...ugh. Not too mention that they had used up the last of our milk.... I wanted to cry and yell....but then on the other hand... they were so excited by what they had done. It really was quite neat. They have decided that when the paper towels dry they are going to make a Happy Birthday Banner for me. How can I get mad when their intentions were so good.


Needless to say, I should have been supervising. I realized my kids had good intentions and I really had no right to be mad. So...I told my kids how creative they had been and then we cleaned up the mess together. The paper towels are drying and hopefully they wont stink like rotten milk! If the banner idea works out, I will post some pictures. Speaking of supervising... I should run and see what my son is up to :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha...too cute! Aaaah those moments...I'm afraid I'm usually too quick with the yelling part. It always works out better for all of us if I can catch myself before the 'storm'!!! deep breath...deep breath....smile!
oh my - i think i would have been YELLING! can't wait to see the banner though.
You handled this much better than I would have! But isn't it great to see the kids being creative? :)
Post a Comment