Saturday, February 3, 2007

Look what arrived in the mail today!

I know I said I wasn't going to post until Monday but I just couldn't wait to show you what arrived in the mail today from thesimplewife . A fellow blogger and a very talented woman, whom is the author of the book. I think the title of the book "Living Simply - Choosing Less in a World of More" gives you a pretty big hint as to what the book is about. Thanks Joanne, I can't wait to read your book!




I love the idea of simplifying my life, not filling it with clutter and excess activities and possessions. It's something I truly believe in. I don't believe in over scheduling my kids in activities just because other people are. I find it sad that kids just don't seem to have time to be kids anymore. What ever happened to just letting kids play and learn from their environment. My kids are in school during the day. They need to unwind, relax and rest after school, not be shuttled off to this and that activity. Besides, I want to connect with them when they come home. Sometimes I feel the societal pressure that my kids aren't in a million after school activities (not to be too righteous -Miss D is in 2 and Mr. B in 1). But you know what? It's all about what's right for me and my family. It's about our priorities and not those of society. I value my family and family time.

Phew! I had my two cents, sorry for the rant, I guess it's something I feel quite passionate about! Could you tell? :-)


1 comment:

beki said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Maybe I should look into that book.