I love vintage children's books. The words and pictures are so sweet, simple and innocent. The Robber Kitten belong to my Grandmother. Santa gave it too her for Christmas in 1927. You can see the inscription below. The Rupert Bear books, my all time favourite, were my Uncle's from the 50's and 60's. My sister and I inherited a stack of them when we were little. The Toybox book was lots of fun as it had all kinds of activities you could do inside. I think these books are extra special to me because they have such history, and they evoke special times and memories.
2 comments:
So wonderful that you have all those well-loved books to remind you of people in your family.
I LOVE vintage children's books too! I have lots from when I was a kid (are those vintage? surely not!) and collect them when I'm out antiquing.
Emma is loving the Cowboy Sam books and Audrey loves the Happy Hollisters. They both seem to enjoy old primers--learning to read kinds of books that come from school libraries. I also have a bunch of vintage Girl Scout books, which I love.
Still on my list is a complete set of old Trixie Beldens...
Love that you have so many from your family!
Post a Comment