Monday, February 26, 2007

My Weekend

Well it was a crafty crazy fun filled weekend. First off, I finished the Birthday freezer paper stencil shirt just in the nick of time. Who says you can't use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process! Please tell me it looks like a cat and not a squirrel!
The bag for the birthday girl. I finished that 20 minutes before we had to leave for the party. I can't believe how much I procrastinated on that one! I used some denim already in my stash. The lining in the bag and the appliques were made from some great fabric I got while thrifting on Friday. See below.

The other side of the bag. I realize I need to move beyond the Initials and Hearts I seem to put on most my bags!
The great fabric find. I got 2 1/2 yards for $2.00. I was so happy. I know it's bright but I love it. It's a nice canvas type fabric perfect for bags, and appliques. I am sure you will be seeing this fabric showing up in a lot of my upcoming sewing projects!

Finally my dear friend JS left a little birthday goody bag for me at my door Saturday morning. Guess what was inside.? A rotary cutter. How much do I love it? Let's just say I might have to post about it on True Love Wednesdays. I can't believe I have been cutting fabric with scissors when such a great tool exists! Goodbye scissors.

Speaking of scissors... I did a really dorky thing on Friday! I went to Michael's to pick up some supplies and decided it was high time I bought some good sewing scissors. After 15 minutes I found the perfect pair. A sturdy pair of Fiskar sewing scissors. I get home and use them, and can't believe how well they cut. However, I was having a bit of difficulty using them. Guess that's because they are meant for a left-handed person, not a righty like me. Says so right on the nice Fiskar scissors that I have already opened and used! Any Lefty's out there want a brand new pair of Fiskars?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything turned out great. Lucky birthday girl!

I so want to try those freezer paper stencils...but think I'll wait and do it with th egirls. Seems like a good Spring break project perhaps!

Glad Danielle likes the Amelia books!

P.S. When I lived in England all the shops were closed on Sundays too. It made it much easier to celebrate Sabbath, I think, when the rest of the world shut down too.

beki said...

Wow, what cute things you've made! I love that fabric, what a deal ;-)