Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Goodies in the mail!
A few weeks ago I was checking out JoJo's blog stardustshoes.blogspot.com/ and saw a post about some fabric from zandsfabrics that she had ordered. I thought it looked so pretty how it was all wrapped up, so I decided I had better check out ZandS fabrics . I fell in love with the Michael Miller Dick and Jane and the Little Red Riding hood fabric. I just had to order some. It arrived yesterday in the mail. Wrapped just as pretty as JoJo's. Imagine my surprise when I checked out stardustshoes.blogspot.com/ today and discovered that she had ordered the same Dick and Jane fabric (she didn't post a pic of the dick and jane fabric). Okay I guess it isn't that big of a surprise as the fabric is just so fabulous. Check out how she used her fabric. Jojo made some really cool Baby Blocks with the fabric. What an excellent idea.
I had no idea as to how I was going to use the fabric. It was just kind of calling me to order it. I figured I would just order some and figure out what to make later. However, now that I have the fabric in my possession I can't bear the thought of cutting it and using it. I might just have to admire it for a while before I get brave enough to cut it all up. When I am ready to part with it, I was thinking of making some kind of baby blanket with the Dick and Jane fabric as I have two dear friends expecting babes in May. Hmm...well see. Maybe I will just make a Dick and Jane quilt for my bed! :o)
I was thinking of making some child sized aprons out of the little red riding hood fabric (okay and one for me too) and maybe a few pillows.
Finally, I had to include this picture as I just love the colours of the ribbon. It contains almost all my favourite colours. Having them combined like that just makes me giddy. Thanks Mum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Just doing my part to be your enabler! :) I didn't see that red riding hood fabric...must go back and look, it is sooo fun!
That's great fabric, Erin. I totally appreciate your hesitancy to cut it up so no need to hurry yourself in that regard. Do I sense a hobby (or rather obsession) emerging with buying fabric?! You're going to have to start pilfering from the grocery money soon if you aren't careful!
i love the dick and jane prints...but am resisting the temptation (for now)!
Argh! I can't see this!! NO. MORE. FABRIC. FOR. ME.
Hello there Erin, I stumbled across your blog and just love the Dick and Jane fabrics too. I have photos on my blog on what I made out of the fabric, because, just like you, I had to have it and didn't quite know what to do with it.
cheers from Australia
Cathy
Post a Comment