Well I have finally met the newest edition to my dear friend's family. Baby number 2, little Anna Grace (Baby number 1 is 21 months). She is an absolute doll. I had lots of cuddles with her at the hospital today. Funny how holding a newborn babe brings on those maternal desires to have another....sigh!
As for the baby gift, I was up rather late last night sewing a few burp clothes and a new Very Pink Baby blanket.


It's very hard to see the detail from the picture (you almost have to double click on it to make it bigger) but the white material is very soft and fuzzy. Of course I had to put on my trade mark hearts.

A close up of the blanket.

I love that pink fabric so much the I decided to whip up a cell phone case for my new very tiny cell phone. It's so bright now it will never get lost.

Finally, the back side of the blanket. Again you really can't see the stitching detail. The Pink floral fabric is 100% cotton, so it should be a very cozy comfy blanket.
Thank you for the get well wishes for Brayden. I thought the fever had gone but it seems the fever has come back tonight. I guess fevers typically do that later in the day! As usual with a cold Brayden's asthma is acting up. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that no ER trips are required for this long weekend.
For those of you from Canada, enjoy the Victoria Day long weekend. For the rest of you, have a lovely weekend. See you back on Monday or Tuesday.
8 comments:
I love that soft fuzzy fabric. What a lovely gift!
Hope you have a great weekend, even though it's supposed to rain on us!
What a great gift! Adorable!
cute cute cute!
A lovely gift, lovely presentation!! What a pretty name for a sweet, new baby!
This is Anna Grace's mommy here. I feel so honoured to be the subject of a blog conversation (well, I guess actually my daughter is). And to all of you blogger friends of Erin's out there, the blanket and burp cloths that Erin made are gorgeous and very expertly stitched. As Anna has an older brother, there is as of yet no pink in our household so this is the first of hopefully more to come. Anna came home from the hospital this morning draped in her blanket and oh so cozy. Thanks Erin, you are such a dear and cherished friend.
Congratulations to your friend - of course for the birth of her daughter, but also for having such a talented, sweet friend as you!
What a beautiful gift all tied up with ribbon... Welcome to Anna Grace!
I'm a little late on reading this, but I hope by now Brayden's fever is gone.
Erin, I envy your sewing talent. The baby blanket is gorgeous! It is my dream to be able to "whip up" half of what you created in one night. Just beautiful.
XO,
Jill
Post a Comment