Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Our Exciting Weekend!

Okay... the title of this post is dripping with sarcasm. Our holiday long weekend was anything but exciting. Brayden took a turn for the worse on Friday night. His fever came back with a vengeance and his asthma was out of control. Poor guy was miserable and we were too. It's really hard watching your kid struggle to breathe. Needless to say he was pumped full of steriods and is now on the mend! He should be back to normal in a few days!
On the positive side of things (remember I am trying to see the positive side of things?), being at home this weekend enabled me to do a few of my favourite things. Knit, sew, read, watch a few good videos and cuddle with the kids.
I dragged out my knitting basket and did some serious knitting! I worked on Brayden's black woolen hat that I was supposed to give him for Christmas. Better late then never.
Danielle joined in on the knitting too. According to Danielle, Anna Grace needs a pink hat!

This is the book I spent most of my weekend reading. Very thought provoking and a tad depressing, but very good!

The weekend is over, it's a new day. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and Brayden is feeling a whole lot better! Let's hope tomorrow is an even better day.

2 comments:

rani said...

You are a brave mom and a talented knitter. Danielle seems to be doing a lovely job with the hat as well.

rani said...

Me again. Just saw your comment and post on lists - so great. Not sure if I should post this comment on my blog or yours (what is the blogiquette?) I'll do both just in case..