I was pleasantly surprised by how little damage we saw when we went to school this morning. Aside from the boarded up window and a few slashes in the ceiling, it was hard to tell the school had been vandalized. I decided not to tell the kids about what I saw last night. I wanted to wait and see what the school looked like first. No point in making them feel insecure in their school. Needless to say the "Youths" that broke in were obviously former students as they targeted one class in particular. Turning over desks, going through the teachers filing cabinets and generally making a mess of the place. Out of 16 classrooms, only 3 were hit and the gym. Thank God! The school has a silent alarm system so that is how the Police new they were in the school. I spoke with the Principal whom was very thankful the perpetrators were caught. There was a crew of school board cleaners who worked through the night to get the school back to normal for the morning. So as is stands my kiddies know nothing about the incident and I think I will keep it that way. Let them be innocent for a little bit longer. Let them feel safe and secure at school.
Thanks for your kind comments and actually reading through that very long winded post (Verbose should be my middle name :o). I was rather upset last night and sometimes it just helps to get it all out. I certainly couldn't sleep!
I will post my Let's get Real Monday photo's later today or tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.
3 comments:
Ah, I hoped that would be the case! I'm glad that it wasn't as horrible as it could have been, and I'm glad, too, to hear that your children have not idea about what happened. What a great school board you have that they worked through the night to take care of it all. I only hope the kids involved get some help and their parents wake up to what their kids are doing. Be well!
so happy to hear that news!
I'm glad to hear the damage wasn't too bad. You're smart not to share the incident with your kids...it could bring needless worry. XO
Post a Comment