Thursday, May 17, 2007

Roll with it...

If there's one thing I've learned from parenting is that you can make plans but those plans don't always happen. For example, we had grand plans for today. Danielle's friend was going to come over after school to play. Then we were all going to go and see this movie, and go out for dinner. It was going to be a fun filled day to celebrate the start of the long weekend. Instead I have one very sick, feverish little boy, two disappointed girls and one very sleepy and cranky Mama!
All well! Sometimes you have to learn to just roll with it. Enjoy it for what it is. Quality time with Brayden. Besides it's hard to stay grumpy when you have little visitors popping in to cheer us up.

Our first visitor was Mrs. Squirrel.

Followed by these beauties from our garden.

All in all...a pretty good day, even if it didn't go as planned!


Ooh...I just got a call from my dearest friend, informing me she gave birth to a baby girl at 10am this morning. Off I go to whip up some very girly baby gifts. I knew I should have started these sewing projects earlier.

4 comments:

sulu-design said...

I hope your boy feels better! Your garden pictures are glorious.

Julie said...

Hope Brayden feels better quickly! I'd love to see a picture of what you whip up for the new baby...Happy sewing!

Anonymous said...

Well, the kids have something to look forward to when your little guy is feeling better!

I would love to see what you make for your friend!

Anonymous said...

hope he's better soon!