So here's what's troubling me:
- Living in a flood zone with flooding predicted in the near future
- knowing that we have no flood insurance because it is unavailable in the city we live in. I guess we should have looked into that one before we bought!
- kid at school going ballistic on my 6 year old son, biting him and punching him telling him he was going to kill him
- He will be in Brayden's class next year
- Ballistic kid is my Friend's son
- Major strain on friendship with my friend because of the above incident
- My Mum will be having Chemotherapy soon for her MS
Instead of focusing on the negative stuff above, I am going to focus on all the things I am grateful for this week:
- Kids School was not completely trashed and the vandals were caught and arrested
- Loosing my digital camera on school field trip and finding out someone returned it to the lost and found at Science World.
- Going on field trip to Science World with Danielle's class (I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back).
- Having my sister and her family living close by
- Being able to stay at home with my kids
- Family whom love me
- My Mum
- Good health
- Two beautiful happy healthy kids
- Husband who loves me
- A roof over my head and food to eat.
- Dear Friend giving birth to a healthy baby boy
- My garden
- The sun deciding to come out from hibernation
- Family game night
- Bedtime snuggles with the kids
- No flooding yet
- How much God has looked out for me this week
ENOUGH...I will be back to more upbeat posting next week. Maybe even some sewing too. I am itching to use that Dick and Jane fabric I bought a while back. I have a long list of sewing to do projects that just seem to get pushed to the back burner. It would be so much easier if I had a room where I could keep my sewing machine set up and not have to put it away after every sewing project. I need to figure something out...perhaps some furniture rearranging will be on the weekend agenda.
6 comments:
chin up, erin! hope you have a good weekend.
I can understand your frustration over those things, but it is certainly better to focus on the good things. It never solves a problem to worry over it!
Keep looking up!
I sometimes do the same thing and like you I have to remind myself to focus on the positive. Some days it can be tough! I hope you have a good weekend :-)
Enjoyed your gratitude list... and I'm so glad to hear your camera was found and returned! Praying for you and your mom's health. Have a Happy Mother's Day with your family!
You did a good thing to write out a gratitude list. (But your list of troubles would give even the most unflappable person reason to flap a bit...) You're smart to know that God has a plan. He certainly does.
My craft project to do list is growing every day, too...
XO,
Jill
The good and the bad... I've been making my own lists, too. I wish you strength and clarity while dealing with the first list, and joy with the second. I hope the weekend helps with the adjustment.
Post a Comment