Mr. B's birthday went off without a hitch. It was a small and simple party, just the way I like it. This is the cake that Mr. B and his sister made and decorated.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Catching up!
Thanks to Erin yesterday for her comments on some great snack ideas. I went out this morning and stocked up on some nice healthy snacks. Whole wheat alphabet pretzels, rice cakes, Pea-butter (not a success with Mr. B he was gagging from the taste - I quite enjoy it), organic apple sauce and some yummy organic fruits and veggies too. That ought to tide us over for a while. I find I get myself into a rut some times when it comes to new menu and snack ideas.
Mr. B's birthday went off without a hitch. It was a small and simple party, just the way I like it. This is the cake that Mr. B and his sister made and decorated.
We took the kids to the local bowling alley for an hour of bowling. I think the kids had fun, but they were ready to leave when the hour was up. I think they just wanted to go home and eat cake.
Now here is what I have on the works in the sewing department. The top blue and white material has been in my stash for years. And before that my grandmothers. I think it is from the 70's if not older. It is Waverly fabric and I have been hording it for years. I figured it was high time that I used it. I am going to be making bags/purses with the fabric. Maybe an apron with the bottom two fabrics.
My daughter has a few birthday parties coming up and I also signed my kids up for a mini kids swap so I will be needing some totes for those.
Mr. B's birthday went off without a hitch. It was a small and simple party, just the way I like it. This is the cake that Mr. B and his sister made and decorated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love, love, love your cooking fabric. Yes, aprons would be wonderful. Maybe I nice big cafe apron from Amy Butler's pattern.
Happy sewing!
The party was perfect! The simpler the better - the kids just want to play and had so much fun hanging out together. Thank you!
Looking forward to seeing what your fabric becomes! That cooking fabric is great.
Post a Comment