Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh Sad Day!

Last night when Miss D. went to say goodnight too fishy (yes that's it's name) she realized he had died. She was so upset. She got fishy 3 years ago. She was crying a better part of the evening. I know it's just a fish but Miss D. is so sensitive and really cares about all living things. I think she was more upset because she realized that all things die. She started to ask all kinds of questions about death last night like "when are you going to die Mummy"? It breaks my heart to even think about it but...I held back my tears and told her that only God knows the answer to that questions but I hope that I will be around for many years to come. Then she grabbed her favourite doll "Emma" and said "at least Emma will never die". Sniffle sniffle.
However, Danielle is feeling a bit better after burying the fish in the backyard garden. She even made a little cross for him. After that we went to the pet store and found "Fishy The Second" and "Fishies". They are enjoying their new home. I just hope and pray that they don't die any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the difficult lessons of life and as a parent it can be hard to see your kids struggle with such big issues like death. It's so ironic that Fishy died this weekend as we were just talking about how long he was living only a few days ago. It's good that you had a little buriel and that Miss D. made a cross...it's all part of the process.