Okay that is it! I am sick and tired of what we have been eating these past few weeks. I have been putting absolute garbage into my body and I have been feeling the effects. No more I say. After a nice long walk with my friend this morning I came home and threw out the rest of the Christmas goodies that were kicking around and I also (Shh-don't tell Mr. B) threw out the left over birthday cake. We have been eating too much sugar, and not enough fruit and veggies. But this is where the problem lies. My kids are picky eaters. I am also limited in my cooking as Mr. B has a life threatening peanut/nut allergy and is also allergic to eggs and he wont eat cheese. He is also supposed to stay away from Beans as they come from the same family as peanuts do. I don't like to give them processed foods (although I have been doing just that these last few weeks). So what do we eat you ask? CHICKEN CHICKEN and more chicken. My daughter on the other hand loves cheese, but isn't a big meat eater. UGHh. What to cook for dinner tonight? Spaghetti I think.
Here is my big question to you all. What kind of snacks do you feed your kids? I can't do nuts, I am not big on sugary snacks, or processed foods. I just want some healthy snack ideas. Maybe even some lunch and dinner ideas while you're at it.
Thanks:)
1 comment:
ok - i am with you on the picky eaters and neither of mine eat cheese unless it is melted. (also, my nephew has the same allergies as Mr. B - eggs, nuts, peanuts). Our favorite snacks....rice cakes, pretzels and hummus, edamame, fruit (obvious, but a big one), cucumbers with a bit of salt (it makes the difference!), popcorn, tortillas toasted in the broiler with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar. and have you tried soynut butter? my nephew loves it.
Post a Comment