I must confess. I can't stand clutter, disorganization and mess. I just can't seem to function properly in a state of chaos. I always feel so overwhelmed after Christmas and Mr. B's birthday by the abundance of "stuff" that has crept into our house! In November I always go through the kids stuff and purge a bit, in anticipation of all the new toys, books and clothes. Don't get me wrong it isn't that I don't appreciate all the treasures we receive, but when you live in a townhouse with no basement, space is very limited!
So my mission for today: get organized. I started out by taking a trip to the local Walmart to pick up some clear Rubbermaid totes (I prefer clear because that way the kids and I can see what's inside). Funny, how many other women I saw at Walmart with shopping carts full of totes and children in tow! Anyways, after spending a small fortune on storage containers, I am ready to begin. I have decided that I am going to give Miss D and Mr. B one tote each to put the toys in that they aren't playing with at the moment. Those will go up into our storage loft. However, I will make a point of rotating their toys/crafts/books every few weeks so it seems like they always have something exciting and new to play with. Hopefully the kids will be willing participants, although I am not too sure about my daughter as she has a hard time parting with things, even if they are just going into storage.
Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Good luck! Doesn't it seem like getting organized is a never-ending task? While we do have an unfinished basement with loads of storage, it seems like I'm always cleaning it, reorganzing it, and trying to find a clear path to the laundry room. Hooray for you for starting the new year in such an organized fashion!
Post a Comment