Wednesday, January 17, 2007

True Loves Wednesday

How quickly Wednesday roles around. I was looking around the house and realized that there are so many things that I love. I find it hard to choose just one a week, so here are a few.

I love these two bottles (empty) of Avon aftershave for two reasons. One, they belonged to my Grandfather. I found them in his house after he passed away. Funny how a smell can remind you so much of someone. The bottles are about 40 years old and still smell just like my Grandpa - MMMmmm! Two, I just love the colours and designs of them. You can't tell from the picture but the bottle on the right is actually a dark bluish-purple colour. I love my daughters desk and bulletin board. They are so busy and full of all her projects and treasures. These are the things that really matter too her.
I love this dish. Actually I love the colour combination of brown - the outside/bottom of the dish and blue. I got it at my Knitting group Christmas gift exchange last year.
Finally, I love Tinker Toys. As a child I would spend hours constructing with Tinker Toys. I love that my son likes to create with them too. I am not quite sure what it is, but it is still pretty cool!
HAVE A GOOD WEDNESDAY!!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a neat idea for a post. What a wonderful way to be able to remember your grandfather. My grandad had a woodshop and whenever I smell sawdust I'm reminded of him.