Monday, January 15, 2007

I should have used a pattern!

Remember that stash of fabric I posted last week? Well here is a bag I made from the stash. I get so mad at myself when I sew. I am too impatient to use a pattern and I try to just wing it. The result - a bag with a way too short strap. The bag itself I like, but because the strap is so short, when I have it over my shoulder the bag sits pretty much under my armpit! The bag is also floppy. Is there a step I am missing? Is there something I can use to stiffen the bag up? I was thinking it might make a good diaper bag. I have two good friends who are expecting in May. Well I guess it was a learning process. Use a pattern, make a longer strap and put something in between the liner and bag to stiffen it up!


2 comments:

Joanna said...

I don't have much patience for patterns either, so yeah, I've flubbed a few too. That said, I like your bag. Aren't armpit bags the style these days? Anyhoo...I use pellon or fusible fleece to stiffen my bags.

beki said...

Cute bag! I agree with jojo - fusible fleece or some other fusible interfacing should stiffen it up.
You're not alone in messing up projects - I mess up all the time. As frustrating as it is, I try to look at it as a learning experience *sigh*.